School to Skies
An amplified learning experience for teachers to gain real-world insights, build career pathways into tech and aviation and prepare students with 21C skills to thrive in the new era of work.
The Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF) and 21C Skills Lab have partnered to design an immersive, residential five-day learning journey for 40 exceptional teachers to develop, prototype and test a real-world learning experience for students in STEM and aviation aligned to the NZ Curriculum.
Applications are open now and closing Friday 25 September 2020.
Hands-on at the Whenuapai Air Base, from the 17th - 23rd of January 2021, you will explore the world of applied science, technology, engineering, maths and 21C Skills accelerating your own personal and professional development.
You will have support from the RNZAF, 21C Skills Lab and Learning Coaches to design and develop a project-based learning experience that enables your students to explore the new era of work.
Guest speakers, GenZ and industry expert panels and a diverse range of topics will be covered:
• Insights into the new era of work and applying it to your teaching practise.
• Deepening design thinking skills.
• Developing your leadership and resilience skill sets.
• Harnessing and growing 21C skills and capabilities.
• Experience Flight Simulators.
• Basics of Flight and How Aircraft Work.
• Planning and flying a mission.
• Experiential engagement with Aotearoa’s growing aviation and aerospace sectors.
Please apply below by Friday 25th of September and get in touch if you have any questions!
Note: You can save the application and come back to it later.