School to Skies
The School to Skies Edternship Programme is a FREE amplified learning experience for teachers to gain real-world insights, build career pathways into tech and aviation, and prepare students with 21C skills to soar in the new era of work.
Applications are now closed
RNZAF and 21C Skills Lab have teamed up to design an immersive, residential five-day learning journey for 40 exceptional teachers to develop, prototype and test a real-world learning experience for students in STEM and aviation aligned to the NZ Curriculum.
17 - 22 January 2021
FREE and includes a five-day stay at the Whenuapai Air Base with kai provided!
*If you live outside of Auckland, travel to and from the Air Base must be covered by your school however if this isn’t possible we may be able to assist you with funding. Get in touch here.
Hands-on at the Whenuapai Air Base, you will explore the world of avionics, applied science, technology, logistics, engineering, maths and 21C skills accelerating your own personal and professional development.
You will have support from the RNZAF, 21C Skills Lab and Learning Coaches to design and develop a project-based learning experience that enables you and your students to explore the new era of work.
We’ve lined up exciting panels of guest speakers including Gen Z and industry experts - and we’ll be covering a diverse range of topics:
Insights into the new era of work and applying it to your teaching practise.
• Deepening design thinking skills
• Developing your leadership and resilience skill sets
• Harnessing and growing 21C skills and capabilities
• Experience Flight Simulators
• Basics of flight and how aircraft work
• Planning and flying a mission
• Experiential engagement with Aotearoa’s growing aviation and aerospace sectors
• Connecting and building a network of future navigators in education and business
The School to Skies Edternship Programme is a programme of the RNZAF and 21C Skills Lab